Normally, I think it’s safe to say that I hate Brussels Sprouts…with a passion. Like any other normal person out there. Nowhere near as much as I hate the Packers or Saints, but pretty close. About 2 years ago I was at one of the glowbal chain restaurants for dinner and my meal was served with this on the side and I was in heaven.
Even since then, I’ve refused to buy them at home and attempt to make them…that is, until a co-worker pointed out last week that they’ve posted their recipe online. Since I saw it used my deep fryer, I was willing to try it out, and am so happy I did…it was the best part of dinner! The shocking part is just how easy it was to make this!
- Bag of fresh Brussels Sprouts (halved)
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 1.5 tsp Capers
- 0.25 cup Parmesan (I only had a 0.25 cup, so added Mozza as well)
- Pinch of Salt
- Chilli flakes (more for me, but if you don’t like spice just add a dash)
- Bring your deep fryer to 375 F
- Heat the Sprouts for 60 seconds and drain
- Pour in a bowl and toss all other ingredients until well mixed