We went to Costco on Friday night and of course I had to get some Egg Nog since we’re officially into the holidays. As I was watching TV yesterday I randomly wondered what it would taste like in frozen form…only one way to find out…
- 2 cups Egg Nog
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Baileys/Kaluha (optional – would use next time…didn’t do it today)
- 1 tsp Nutmeg (optional – see note at end)
- Mix all liquid ingredients and chill for a couple of hours in the fridge
- Turn on your mixer and toss it in!
- typically it takes 25 minutes in my KitchenAid…after 20 minutes the ice cream was overflowing and ready to go
The taste was very light and refreshing…next time I would add the ground nutmeg after 10 minutes. By far – this was the easiest ice cream recipe I’ve ever made.