I make this dish using a slow cooker…I’m not even sure where we got a slow cooker, as I don’t remember buying it. But once or twice a year, I pull it out and put it to use. Afterwards, I marvel at how easy it was and how good the kitchen smelled all day, and vow to use it again soon. I guess I’ll see you in 2013!
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Pack of Chicken Breast or Thighs (I used Thighs)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves of Garlic, diced
- 2 tsp Curry Power
- 1 tbsp Curry Paste
- 2 tsp Tandoori Masala
- 1 tsn Garam Masala
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, diced
- 12-15 Cardamom pieces
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Yogurt
- Melt the butter + oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced chicken, onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion has softened, took about 8 minutes for me.
- Add the curry powder, curry paste, tandoori masala, garam masala, and tomato paste and mix well.
- Pour the chicken into a slow cooker, and stir in the cardamom pods, coconut milk, salt, and yogurt.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours, and serve with Rice or Naan